Below is a step-by-step description of what your BOTOX® Cosmetic session will be like.
Although it seems routine, the treatment is highly personalized for each patient and the importance of a trained, skilled, experienced physician who understands the functions of the FACE and NECK muscles cannot be underestimated.
1. Before and after photos – It is necessary to take photos of the areas to be treated prior to the treatment in order to evaluate the success of the treatment and to detect asymmetry, if any, present before the injection.
2. Consent – the consent form for the BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment is explained and any questions you may have are answered prior to the injection.
3. Examination – Dr. Khanna will determine where to administer the injections after having examined your ability to move certain muscles in the treatment area. You will be asked, therefore, to contract and relax your muscles in the area to be treated.
4. Fine needle – Dr. Khanna will use a very tiny needle to inject the medicament directly into the muscles. He will administer a number of small injections of BOTOX ® Cosmetic directly into the muscles that cause the dynamic wrinkles.
5. Anesthetic – There is no need for a topical anesthetic cream. However, Dr. Khanna may decide to apply one if you are concerned about your comfort during the session.
6. Discomfort – if any, discomfort is generally minimal and dissipates quickly. The injection itself is usually described as a little insect bite; the feeling lasts a few seconds.
7. Post-care – for 4 hours following the treatment you may not lie down. Also, avoid yoga, facials, saunas, strenuous exercise and manipulating the treated areas for the rest of the day following your treatment.
8. Contract – Dr. Khanna will inform you that you should contract the muscles in the treated area a number of times throughout the following hours in order to increase the diffusion of the medicament.
9. Follow-up appointment – the treatment is complete after you have had a follow-up with Dr. Khanna approximately 2-3 weeks following the treatment. At times a tiny ‘touch-up’ injection may be carried out in order to perfect the result.
In order to maintain optimal results, Dr. Khanna will recommend your next BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment within 4-6 months.
Contact us now to book your next BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment.